Sunday, February 28, 2016

where have i been and where has the time gone?

it has been a VERY long time since my last post... 


Certainly a lot has happened since then.  The Portland marathon was a relative success since the temps sky rocketed to 87 degrees, and around mile 21/22 i had to walk about half a mile and ask a person sitting on the curb for their water (mind you I don't even share drinks with the hubbee).  I still came in sub four, which was great since i assumed i was around the 5 hour mark.  I bailed on the full in Arizona because my mother was going to visit. That didn't happen either.  Sadly, she came down with the flu, and due to her diabetes, there were complications and she ended up passing.  Wow. that was really hard to write.  

I have been so thankful for my ability to run.  I definitely do not take it for granted, and it was actually a great part of the trip to kentucky to run with my uncle and cousin every day.  I am thankful that we shared that time and experience.  Even with my gratitude for the outlet, my running has solely been for the release, no goal in mind.  i ran several halves last year, but just because i was registered for them before my mom passed.  i have been sort of just going through the motions.  There is a point during long runs where i get goose bumps, and very emotional, so after several bouts with this, i haven't wanted to run long. however, i think i am ready for another full.  I am registered for the pub run half (no time goal, just a fun run) and i have enjoyed the training.  Due to several trips in the works, i don't want to travel for the full, so i am thinking of doing the Bozeman full.  As much as i love traveling to sea level for fulls, I think the bozeman one will be a blast.  

So, hopefully this is the first in regular posts!  I would love to hear of others goals and races.  I am also looking forward to Seawheeze again!  That race was FANTASTIC last year and i fell in love with Vancouver.  Ocean, city, mountains, it was magical!! 

Off to the studio to do arms and abs and a few miles on the 'mill!  Have you moved your body today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment