Tuesday, February 19, 2019

How are those resolutions going?

So... we are about 8 weeks into the new year.  How is everyone doing with their resolutions? Have you stuck to it 75% of the time? Have you totally fallen off track? Is anyone partaking in the #elizabethanderin2019 challenge?  I have been doing great keeping up with that challenge, 25 on the toes pushups and a 1:30 wall sit.  i often use that as part of my warm up for whatever workout is on the agenda for the day.  If you have fallen off track was is due to illness? so many terrible bugs going around. or were you bored? do you have enough variety in your plan?  My issue is the opposite of that.  i don't have enough time to do all of the workouts i want to be doing! :)  I am really enjoying running right now, and also seriously upping my reformer routine, which has been feeling great.  Plus, the pops and i are doing p90x3 workouts 3-5x/week.  I also totally admire/respect Kira Stokes and she has come out with a fitness app.  i haven't pulled the trigger yet, because i did buy a package of her workouts and there are about 8 on there that i throw into my rotation, but i am sure i will be subscribing to the app-her workouts are so thorough, and concise and the cues are spot on!  Another app i did a trial run was the Anna Kaiser one.  Also, EXCELLENT.  it is different than what i normally do, it is cardio dance with some strength moves sprinkled in.  It does, however, have some excellent treadmill routines too.  And the dances are broken down and super fun. this app is around 35$/month which is a little pricey... the Stoked app is $15.  But both seem great. There are lots of apps out there, and some are FREE! So if boredom is an issue maybe try one of these.  

how has the nutrition side of wellness been going?  Do you use an app for that? i still am a fan of MyFitnessPal.  it is free, and has a great library and can be accessed from the computer or app on the phone and they sync.  i personally needed to cut back on sugar.  I have been doing better, but not great.  The hubbee did buy me a few fahhhhhhncy chocolate bars for valentine's day, and i have eaten a few bites each day. not great, but at least i have been pacing myself.  MODERFUCKINGRATION!

There are also some fun challenges on the Nike running app.  They have a variety of distances that are very doable. But they are motivating and helping me hit my goals.  

Let me know if you try any of the fitness apps or have any others to recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment