Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Starting a 2 week Challenge

I did this a few years ago and felt great.  Since I have been barely eeking out 30 minute workouts with the final stages of the studio construction, I really want to get back at it.  I am following the David Kirsch New York Body Plan.  It is all about clean eating, 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of strength training.  It is for two weeks. You can do anything for two weeks!!  I love the book because it has delicious recipes and he combats every excuse you could imagine.  This isn't gimmicky; it isn't drastic; it is do-able and very healthy.  Apparently there is a video that goes with the book for the strength training workout, but the book has the entire workout and is very easy to follow.  I have the book on my kindle and it is easy to reference.  I am excited to start this today and will be posting about it for the next two weeks.  

The food plan is NO A B C D E and F's.  no alcohol, no bread, no carbs, no dairy, no extra sweets/fats, no fruits.  You also do two protein shakes per day.  It would be hard to hit your needed caloric intake without them.  It is essentially lean meats and veggies.  You are allowed one tablespoon of olive oil for cooking and making your own salad dressing for the day.  When I did this the last time, i wasn't hungry.  I did miss cream in my coffee but I added a bit of protein powder and it was actually very good.  Day three for whatever reason was tough... but after that it felt GREAT!  I understand it is hard to fit in an hour and a half of activity a day -- but for two weeks and phenomenal results it is worth it.  

Anyone else in?  Has anyone else done this?  Let me know!  My motto is safety in numbers so let's try this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment