Thursday, December 5, 2013

welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere...

I hope to create a blog that helps motivate people to make healthy, lifelong choices.  I will never say "no more cookies or chips" but I will not condone eating the entire bag, or eating them every day.  I am a personal trainer, pilates instructor and massage therapist.  I deal with people all day every day.  I have worked with seniors, new moms, menopausal women, an olympic hopeful in tae kwon do, people with varying injuries, varying degrees of experience with exercise.  I have encountered most of the excuses, lack of motivation, all or nothing attitudes... 

It is not rocket science people.  It is basic math.  I am tired of the gimmicky diet fads; i am tired of the extremes.  It is all about:


MODERATION!!!!!!!

I believe that if you are "on the stick" 80-90% of the time, you will have success and feel better.  My first piece of advice is:  food log.  there are so many apps out there that make this super simple.  I like MY FITNESS PAL.  it is easy to use and has a great library of food items and preparations, etc.  Also it has an extensive exercise selection to help determine what you have burned.  It may be accessed from your computer and/or smart phone so it is very handy.  You don't even have to make changes, just start logging.  I guarantee when you see in front of you in black and white you will begin to make some changes.  Be honest.  If you are swallowing, you had better be logging.  Every sip.  Every bite.  

I am here to help!  Feel free to ask me questions or let me know your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment